Smart homes are on the rise. Homeowners across the country and right here in Bethany Beach, DE are looking to modernize their homes with smart technologies. That also means that the market is full of smart home control options. Two of the most popular and reliable home automation brands are Control4 and Crestron. In this article, we’re going over the features and properties of each of these control systems to see what would work best for the particular needs of your home and family. To learn more, keep reading.
See Also: What is Smart Home Control?
Control4 systems have been on the market for over a decade, and they have quickly become a favorite among homeowners. Today, Control4 represents a cost-effective and versatile smart home control system. But who are the homeowners who would benefit the most from a Control4 system? Below, we cover a few:
- If you’re interested in the “Internet of Things”: Control4 systems integrate with more third-party IoT devices than other control systems. Therefore, you can easily include wireless audio systems like those from Sonos, smart thermostats, smart locks, etc. in your home automation system. Placing these devices on one control systems means more synchronicity between technologies and simpler control for you.
- If you want your system up and running ASAP: Control4 is one of the simplest smart home control systems to install. You can cut down on time living in a construction zone. If you are retrofitting your current home, Control4 might be for you. They offer Zigbee wireless capabilities allowing you to utilize the technologies without rewiring your home.
- If you want to use your TV to control your home: While both Crestron and Control4 offer numerous control solutions, including wall switches, touchpanels, and apps for smartphones and tablets, only Control4 allows homeowners to use their televisions.
Crestron is one of the oldest smart home control systems on the market and considered by many to offer the ultimate in smart home luxury and convenience. They are known for taking complex systems and making them simple to operate. Who are the homeowners who should look at a Crestron system? See Below:
- If you have a large home: Crestron offer the most robust smart home control systems on the market. If you have a large home with multiple audio zones, many televisions and video sources, etc., then you might do best with a Crestron system. You can easily manage all of your technologies with a touchpanel that’s easy to operate–even if you aren’t necessarily tech-savvy.
- If you’re concerned about future-proofing: With a Crestron system, you can easily build on your current system. You can refresh your system every so often with software updates that improves performance or adds new features.
- If you’re looking for a customized solution: Crestron systems offer the most customizable platform. Your user interface can be customized or you can add special features to your system depending on your needs. Crestron adds a touch of additional luxury to your home automation system.
Whatever smart home control system is best for your Delaware home, it will only work perfectly when perfectly installed. Contact Sound FX to learn more about each of these systems, try them out, and partner with trusted installation specialists.